I had my friend and her husband over for dinner yesterday. I cooked up five main dishes and one dessert menu. Since it is summer over here, I didn’t want anything too warm or hearty so it was mostly cold salads and finger foods. Such a good night with laughs and chit-chat over 4 hours. It is always nice to have good food and company. It couldn’t be better!
– Mediterranean Bites: home-made bread topped with apricot cream cheese, sundried tomato, black olives, basil and truffle oil
– Bulgogi: Korean style marinated thinly sliced beef with enoki mushrooms and spring onions
– Cold Udon Salad: poached udon and fish balls with grated zucchini, carrot, coriander and parsley dressed with soy sauce and sesame oil
– Cheese Parcels: grated cheese wrapped in filo pastry with sweet and sour sauce
– Honey Roasted Carrot and Lentil Salad: honey roasted carrot on beds of green beans and mixed salads topped with ricotta cheese, roasted walnuts, cumin seeds and drizzle of infused honey
– Earl Gray Custard Slice: earl gray tea infused custard slice with pear puree for dessert (no photo)