Love pizza night? Over a cold beer or red wine, of course? Making a home-made pizza is easy and also fun choosing your favorite toppings. Simple yet delicious Neapolitan pizza needs only a few ingredients – a good quality buffalo mozzarella cheese, fresh basil leaves, tomatoes and tomato paste. Here is step-by-step.
1 tsp dry yeast
1 tsp sugar
3/4 warm water
2 cups of flour
a pinch of salt
Toppings: tomato paste, tomato, basil leaves, buffalo mozzarella, olive oil, salt and pepper
- Mix a teaspoon of yeast, a teaspoon of sugar and a teaspoon of flour in 3/4 cup of warm water. It should look like a thin pancake batter. Let it sit for 10 minutes until bubbly.
- Then put 2 cups of flour and a pinch of salt in a large bowl and add activated yeast mixture.
- Use a wooden spoon or your hand to combine together until you get a big clump. You might need more warm water or flour depending on your dough.
- Once it comes together and forms a smooth dough, drizzle olive oil over and cover with a cling film. Let it sit on kitchen bench until doubled in size.
- Take the dough onto a floured surface and gently knead into a ball.
- Let it sit again for about an hour, covered with a cling film while you preheat a pizza stone in the oven (200) and prepare the toppings.
- Stretch a ball of dough into a thin round and put on a preheated pizza stone (or a baking sheet). For toppings, spread tomato paste and top with sliced tomatoes, drizzle of olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Place in the oven for 10 minutes until crispy and golden.
- Top with torn fresh mozzarella cheese and basil leaves on hot pizza. Drizzle more olive oil before serve.
- Enjoy with beer or wine!