French press, or plunger, is an easy and consistent way to brew coffee at home. Here is what we do.
- For one and a bit cups, you’ll need 20 grams (about two tablespoons of beans/ground coffee) and 300ml of boiled water.
- Drop your freshly ground coffee (6-8g) into your plunger pot.
- Let the boiling water stand for 1 minute – pouring boiling water over the coffee could burn it, which would give you a cup of coffee with a bitter taste.
- Pour the boiling water into your coffee cup as well to warm it up.
- Add the boiled water vigorously (or stir quickly) to wet all the grounds. Let it brew for three minutes. Use a timer or clock if you’re a perfectionist!
- Plunge it down carefully. If you push the plunger down too quickly, the grains can come up the sides.
- If you can’t push the plunger down with two fingers then you have ground your coffee too fine, and it may not taste as desired.
- Pour the brewed coffee into the pre-warmed coffee cup and enjoy!
1/3 cup melted coconut oil
3 tablespoons cacao powder
1/4 cup water
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 cup almond meal
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup coconut sugar or brown sugar
a pinch of sea salt
Add all wet ingredients in a large bowl. Sift dry ingredients and add into wet ingredients. Stir and combine well with a spatula. Pour the mixture into a cake tin and bake in the preheated oven (180) for 30 minutes or until cooked. Let it cool before you remove from the tin.