Spirulina is a natural “algae” (cyanbacteria) powder that is incredible high in protein and nutrients.
- It is 65% protein and amino acids including the essential fatty acid which has gotten a lot of attention for ani-inflammatory properties
- It contains Omega 3-,6 and 9s and is especially high in Omega-3s
- It is extremely high in Chlorophyll, which helps remove toxins from the blood and boost the immune system
- It has a very high concentration of bio-available iron and is excellent during pregnancy and for those with anemia and will not cause constipation
- It is also incredibly high in calcium with over 26 times the calcium in milk
- Some research has suggested that Spirulina may be helpful in allergies and allergic reactions
- Spirulina can bind with heavy metals in the body and help remove them
- It can increase fat burning during exercise
- Spirulina contains more than 60% vegetable protein, which is much higher than fish, pork, or beef
Amazing! You can add a teaspoon in your smoothie, breakfast cereal bowl, yogurt, muffins or even make a salad dressing with it. Love this funky green powder 🙂
A teaspoon of spirulina, bee pollen, goji berries and buckwheat on yogurt. Yummy breakfast or snack!
These power balls are a great snack keeping you fueled and energised throughout the day. It is simple, healthy and takes only 10 minutes to make. Keep them in the fridge and enjoy any time of the day!
100g nuts of your choice e.g. almonds, cashews, walnuts, pecans
1 small ripe banana
a pinch of Himalayan salt
a teaspoon of spirulina powder
a teaspoon of chia seeds
a teaspoon of bee pollen
a teaspoon of cinnamon powder
5 Medjool dates
a teaspoon of vanilla extract
cacao powder + chia seeds to roll
Blend all ingredients in a food processor until it comes together. Add a bit of water if too dry. Make little balls and roll in cacao powder and chia seeds. Keep them in an air-tight container in the fridge. You can change the recipe depending on what you have in your pantry – any nuts, dried fruits, coconut, etc. Have fun making them x